Education and Training
Sharing the excitement and importance of space research and exploration is a primary goal of the NSBRI's Education and Outreach Program. The Institute is fulfilling this goal through a number of programs that impact students and teachers at all levels.
In the Education and Training section, visitors can find information on the following:
NSBRI's efforts were recognized in 2007 when the Education and Outreach Program received a Stellar Award from the Rotary National Award for Space Achievement Foundation. The Program was cited for its "performance as a nationally recognized, top-tier program that is pioneering new models for exemplary teaching, training and public outreach …"
- Free materials for Elementary, Middle and High School Classrooms
- Video and PowerPoint College-Level Lectures
- Summer Internship and Research Programs
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs
- Online Professional Development
- Links to NASA Education Resources
Education Program Leader:
William A. Thomson, Ph.D.
Baylor College of Medicine
Senior Education Fellow:
Marlene Y. MacLeish, Ed.D.
Morehouse School of Medicine